Cameron Carpenter's International Touring Organ debuts at Lincoln Center...
"So how does it Sound? Quite terrific." - NY Times
Read full review
Watch a video taken right after Mr. Carpenter's first recording session with the International Touring Organ in Methuen, Massachusetts:
*In addition to the excitement of the debut of Cameron Carptenter's International Touring Organ (M&O Opus 8) in New York in March, we followed it to Berlin and Vienna for a hugely successful European debut. We are extremely humbled by the amazing worldwide acceptance of the ITO. The US tour paused for the holidays and will continue in January, 2015.
Much more happened during 2014 as well:
* Revelations - As the summer, 2014 season approached, Charles Page and Malcolm Bosma realized that they would soon be living 1500 miles from their M&O Revelation organ in Florida. So, of course, we built a summer version for them in Connecticut!
* More Revelations - Very soon, we will be off to England for a unique installation in a church-become-residence, the home of Henry Fairpo. Mr. Fairpo visited us during 2014 and, quickly and conclusively, the M&O became his choice!
* Opus 9 - St. John the Evangelist in Lambertville, NJ just completed a spectacular restoration of their church. The Dedication Mass was December 20, at which M&O Opus 9 was heard for the first time. It's rare for every organ installation factor, the preparation, the console, audio, choir placement, the acoustics, etc. all to be ideal but St. John's excelled in all these areas, making the installation work a joy throughout. Be on the lookout for some videos of this one very soon!
* Opus 10 - St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Weeling, WV. (on the border of WV and PA, near Pittsburgh) This organ will be a sumptuously large 4-manual instrument (150+ stops) to be installed for Easter, 2015. Another acoustically gracious traditional room, we can't wait to "create the sound" of the St. Matthew's organ right in their space, as we always do.
* Opus 11 - The Kravis Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, a magnificent multi-venue concert complex in West Palm Beach, has chosen an M&O organ of gargantuan proportions for their primary hall, the Alex W. Dreyfoos, Jr. Concert Hall: 5 manuals, 200+ stops, 96 audio channels. Installation will begin during the summer of 2015 and the organ will formally debut in 2016.
* Opus 12 - St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Dedham, Massachusetts will be a 3-manual M&O/pipe combination organ. This is a uniquely personal project for our company. In 1959, Casavant installed a lovely, though somewhat small, 3-manual pipe organ in St. Paul's,. This happens to be the instrument that Doug Marshall played when he won the local level of the AGO National Playing Competition, in 1971 (he went on to win the regional in Providence, RI and the national in Dallas, 1972). Dedham is also David Ogletree's hometown, and this was an important instrument during his youth.
Foley-Baker will completely restore the Casavant, M&O will provide a new console and will fill in gaps in the Casavant's tonal design as well as "double" the pipe organ. This "doubling" will be especially useful while the pipe organ is removed for the restoration. When the project is complete, all these resources will be available to the organist to use in any way desired.
Watch the first video of M&O Opus 7
Located just a few blocks from the White House at 2436 Pennsylvania Avenue, St. Stephen Martyr has been the Washington parish of a number of famous politicians, including the late President John F. Kennedy.
We hope you enjoy this performance of one of the most powerful - and sublime - compositions of all time, played by Marshall & Ogletree co-founder, Doug Marshall, on this extraordinary new instrument:
Marshall & Ogletree Organs and Special Projects.
M&O Opus Organs - Our flagship organs are each unique in design and can be of any size, with one-of-a-kind consoles and stop lists. M&O Opus organs often include custom sounds which we will acquire and create especially for you, if you desire. Your audio options are also unlimited with M&O. No company is more obsessive about audible results or more concerned about unfiltered purity of the audio stream. Channels? Unlimited.
Special Projects by M&O - Whether your desire is for digital additions to a new or existing pipe organ or whether you'd like to explore how your current digital console can be creatively transformed by our Revelation system, contact us to discuss your project.
T. Ernest Nichols plays his arrangement of "Calm as the Night" by Carl Bohm on the new Fratelli Ruffatti organ at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
This stunning instrument is located in the new Memorial Chapel at the university, an auditorium of about 3,000 seats. The instrument includes 50 M&O digital stops distributed over its four manuals and pedal, many of which are featured in this beautiful arrangement.
Marshall & Ogletree, LLC, 140 Crescent Rd., Needham, MA 02494
800-525-5790 ext. 30