Read The Boston Globe's front page story about Marshall & Ogletree:
"So how does it Sound? Quite terrific." - NY Times
(Read the full New York Times review
Watch one of the first videos of M&O Opus 9
Located in the center of the charming town of Lambertville, New Jersey, St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church is a vibrant parish. As part of a total renovation project, it was determined that a new organ should be included and Marshall & Ogletree was commissioned to build a custom 3-manual instrument for St. John's.
We hope you enjoy this outstanding performance by Timothy Coriddi of the "Grand Chœur Dialogué" by Eugène Gigout.
* Opus 10 - St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Weeling, WV. Installed during July, 2015, this organ is a sumptuously large 4-manual instrument (150+ stops). It will be formally dedicated in recital by Cameron Carpenter on March 1, 2016. The complete list of new videos recorded on this organ can be accessed here.
* Revelation - We will be off to England this Fall for a unique installation in a church-become-residence, the home of Henry Fairpo. Mr. Fairpo visited us during 2014 and, quickly and conclusively, the M&O organ became his choice - a 5-manual choice!
* Opus 11 - The Kravis Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, a magnificent multi-venue concert complex, has chosen an M&O organ of gargantuan proportions for their primary hall, the Alex W. Dreyfoos, Jr. Concert Hall: 5 manuals, 200+ stops, 96 audio channels. Installation began during October, 2015 and the organ will formally debut March 9, 2016 with Cameron Carpenter and the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
* Opus 12 - St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Dedham, Massachusetts will be a 3-manual M&O/pipe combination organ. This is a uniquely personal project for our company. In 1959, Casavant installed a lovely, though somewhat small, 3-manual pipe organ in St. Paul's. This happens to be the instrument that Doug Marshall played when he won the local level of the AGO National Playing Competition, in 1971 (he went on to win the regional in Providence, RI and the national in Dallas, 1972). Dedham is also David Ogletree's hometown, and this was an important instrument during his youth.
Foley-Baker will completely restore the Casavant, M&O will provide a new console and will fill in gaps in the Casavant's tonal design as well as "double" the pipe organ. This "doubling" will be especially useful while the pipe organ is removed for the restoration. When the project is complete, all these resources will be available to the organist to use in any way desired.
The International Touring Organ:
*In addition to the excitement of the debut of Cameron Carptenter's International Touring Organ (M&O Opus 8) in New York in March of 2014, we followed it to Berlin and Vienna for a hugely successful European debut. We are truly humbled by the amazing worldwide acceptance of the ITO. Having now completed more than a year on tour, Cameron and the ITO returned to the US during the summer of 2015, for a performance with the Boston Symphony at Tanglewood as well as a solo recitial there on Friday, July 10, 2015 before traveling immediately to Shanghai, China. Wow!
* Revelations - As summer, 2014 approached, Charles Page and Malcolm Bosma realized that they would soon be living 1500 miles from their M&O Revelation organ in Florida. So, of course, we built a summer version for them in Connecticut!
* Opus 9 - St. John the Evangelist in Lambertville, NJ just completed a spectacular restoration of their church. The Dedication Mass was December 20, 2014, at which M&O Opus 9 was heard for the first time. It's rare for every organ installation factor, the preparation, the console, audio, choir placement, the acoustics, etc. all to be ideal but St. John's excelled in all these areas, making the installation work a joy throughout. The complete list of videos recorded on this organ can be accessed here.
Marshall & Ogletree Organs and Special Projects.
M&O Opus Organs - Our flagship organs are each unique in design and can be of any size, with one-of-a-kind consoles and stop lists. M&O Opus organs often include custom sounds which we will acquire and create especially for you, if you desire. Your audio options are also unlimited with M&O. No company is more obsessive about audible results or more concerned about unfiltered purity of the audio stream. Channels? Unlimited.
Special Projects by M&O - Whether your desire is for digital additions to a new or existing pipe organ or whether you'd like to explore how your current digital console can be creatively transformed by our Revelation system, contact us to discuss your project.
T. Ernest Nichols plays his arrangement of "Calm as the Night" by Carl Bohm on the new Fratelli Ruffatti organ at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
This stunning instrument is located in the new Memorial Chapel at the university, an auditorium of about 3,000 seats. The instrument includes 50 M&O digital stops distributed over its four manuals and pedal, many of which are featured in this beautiful arrangement.
Marshall & Ogletree, LLC, 140 Crescent Rd., Needham, MA 02494
800-525-5790 ext. 30